Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Making Dinner

Now that I have my daily schedule down, and am learning to be flexible in it, the house is starting to look better! I've been trying to keep my sink shining, and my floors picked up (of toys, clothes, and shoes!), so when I wake up, I'm not overwhelmed by the mess that is already there. That makes it easier for me to get a load of laundry started, and do some other things around the house. Yesterday, I mopped and rearranged my eat-in kitchen area. Today, I'm working on the master bedroom. Its also given me some time to think about dinner a bit more, and have things ready so that we can eat before 8 o'clock!
Recently we found a great deal on a new grill, as ours wasn't working, and we've been putting it to work. Last night, I grilled dinner. Every bit of it was cooked on the grill! We had barbecued pork chops and grill vegetables. I had some fresh veggies that I had purchased for multiple recipes, but they were going bad, so I knew they needed to be used. So I went searching on Kraft's website for a recipe. I just love their site. You can type in a few ingredients you want to use, along with what kind of dish, and a few other search options, and they give you recipes! Here's the skinny on how to do it....

Mixed Vegetable Grill with Feta Cheese
2 cups (1/2-inch-thick) zucchini slices
1 pkg. (4 oz.) ATHENOS Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese
1 cup (1/2-inch-thick) green pepper strips
1 cup tomato wedges
1/2 cup (1/4-inch-thick) onion rings
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano, crushed
1 Tbsp. olive oil

MIX all ingredients.
WRAP mixture in double thickness of foil. Place on grill over medium coals.
GRILL 10 minutes. Turn packet over. Grill 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

These were delicious! And they grilled right alongside of the pork chops. I grilled the pork chops until they were about 2 minutes from being done, and then brushed barbecue sauce on each side.

This is one of my favorite grilled dinners! Share some of yours in the comments. We're on the hunt for some new recipes:)

4 comments:

  1. About a month ago, we made "campfire chicken" on the grill and it was awesome! I blogged about it and it has received a lot of traffic on my blog. Here's the link: http://bit.ly/nVqXd
    Also, another favorite of ours and a way to use all those fresh veggies that are coming out of the garden right now, is chicken kabobs. Chunks of marinated chicken, along with zucchini, onions, peppers, mushrooms (etc) on a skewer and grilled to perfection. So tasty! ( I think I posted about these, too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was involved in the Alabama storms and have been without power for 8 days. I can't wait to try your recipes to grill! They look delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ANYTHING I can toss on the grill.. that means its my husband's responsibility, not mine :) Thanks for the fun veggie idea.
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, this looks yummy! I love grilled food. :)

    Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete